Pages

Thursday 7 January 2016

Happy New Year!

Yes, the chaos has finally receded enough, children have been packed off back to school (even if I did get the wrong day!) and I am back in the world of crafting.  I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year, we certainly did.  Lots of games and giggles

Of course, I have been reflecting on my crafty resolutions for 2016.  Really I want to continue in the same vein as last year.  So I'm going with:

  1. Use up more of my existing stash.
  2. Only buy essential items (adhesives, cards, envelopes etc).
  3. Improve my one layer cards.
  4. Experiment with shaped cards.
  5. Send Birthday cards!!  (Cobblers children syndrome!).
  6. Leave comments as often as I can.
  7. Create more Christmas cards throughout the year.
So my first blogged card of 2016:


It uses some retired S.U. paper & my very oldest S.U. stamps.

I was inspired by the following challenges:

Penny Black & More - One for the Girls
Shopping our Stash - Monochrome (Pink for Leslie)
Sketch Saturday - Sketch
Southern Girls - One for the Girls

Thank you so much for dropping by, I will be around to visit soon

The Genius (Occasionally!) xx

P.S. I hate gloomy weather.  It took 4938 attempts to get an acceptable photo of this card!

11 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

Cute card, nicely done! Thanks so much for accepting the challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash! And thanks for using pink!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Chris said...

Well Abi you're very brave to publish your resolutions - I don't make any, so I can't break'em (chicken's way out!). I know you did really well last year with using what you already have and resisting the temptation to buy more stash...so good luck with these!
You've made a great start with this beautiful card, lovely stamp and fab design.
Chris
x

catherine said...

Hello Abi and a very happy new year to you and your family. Glad you had a lovely christmas.
Well you did really well last year using your stash so I don't think you will have many problems continuing with it this year too. Great card
x catherine

Neha said...

Really cute card! Nice that your trying to shop you stash for inspiration
Thank you for playing along with Sketch Saturday!

Cathy P said...

I recognize that flower! It's one of my old favorites. your pinks are just gorgeous, here, Abi. Keep chipping away at your resolutions. Good for you! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Sketch Saturday! Hugs, Cathy

Donna said...

Lovely card! Agreed, so much more difficult to get a good card picture in the winter! Thanks for playing along with the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH for our "Colour Me Monochromatic" challenge!

brenda said...

A beautifully elegant card Abi.

Many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

lauren bergold said...

what a beautiful and elegant card! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (monochromatic--gah, PINK!) STASH with us this week! ♥♥♥

Aileen said...

This is such an elegant and beautiful card, the flower stamp so pretty and your layout just perfect.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Loved seeing this fabulous card pop up in our Southern Girls challenge. Makes my day when I see a teamies card pop up on another challenge I DT for. Gorgeous card, love the triptych panel. Gorgeous card design hun. Hugs, Wends x

Whisper said...

Aaaah what an elegant card and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...