Pages

Thursday 14 January 2016

Dramatic Hearts

Woohoo, I am congratulating myself on using 2 items from my very old stash today.  The brads have to be at least 8 years old, I couldn't even tell you where they came from.  The heart ribbon is another Lakeland purchase.  I was a bit phased by this sketch but went to grab some circles to use, the circles were too big but happened to be in the same box as these hearts.  Serendipity!


Inspired by these fabulous challenges:

Allsorts - Ribbon/Lace
Just Us Girls - Metal (Brads)
Sketch Saturday - Sketch

It's pelting down with rain here today so I think it's perfect weather for a nice cuppa and some more crafting, thanks for stopping by.

The Genius (Occasionally!) xx

8 comments:

Chris said...

It is very dramatic Abi! The bright hearts and ribbon are so striking against the black background. Great use of your 'old stash' I'm very impressed!
Chris
x

Nancy said...

I am so glad we could help you use some of your older items Abi! Love your card and those super heart brads....I have them too and I think they are Recollections...but not 100% sure! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week....you mentioned Lakeland. Were you talking about Violette's ???

Ina G said...

Isn't it nice when we can use old items and get a dramatic result like you did here. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Us Girls this week.

Stef H said...

this is gorgeous. i love that you did it on black!
i have stuff that old too. hoarder???? i need to JUST USE IT!
have a great week.

hugs :)

Niki Rowland said...

Totally gorgeous, so striking and perfect for an anniversary card. Thank you for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday, Niki xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is so pretty, Love the striking background of the black with the pinks and reds. Well Done on using that old stash, I really must try harder to use mine too!!! Thanks for playing with us on Sketch Saturday this week, Hazel x

Grenouille Greetings said...

What a delightful interpretation of my sketch this week! Love your CAS layout and simple colour choices. The pink and red hearts look great against the black. Thank you for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday. Hugs, Lesley

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh wow, I LOVE this striking card design. It looks fantastic Abi!! Gorgeous!! Hugs, Wends x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...