Pages

Friday 9 January 2015

2015 Crafty Resolutions

  1. Use up my accumulated stash.  I have way too much stash and yes I have given lots away, to the Guides/Brownies/Rainbows, other children's groups & to friends children.  I still have way too much.
  2. Only buy essential items without which I couldn't otherwise craft.  My plan is to only buy sticky stuff, blank cards/envelopes & colouring card when I need them.  Truly there is no need for anything else.
  3. Learn to make one layer cards.  With so many people worrying about postage costs for dimensional cards, being able to make pretty one layer cards will be a big plus for me.   I will be inspired in this quest by Susan from Simplicity.  I've been a long term stalker of Susan's blog, her cards blow me away!  
  4. Comment more on the blogs/posts that inspire me.  Difficult because life gets in the way but I know how much comments mean to me & I like to feel I'm sending a little bit of happy someone else's way.
I've already started work on #3.  I made the following card for the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge of opposites.  For me it was a very tough one to start the year with.   I struggled thinking of my own but loved the colour combo Ardyth used.  It made me smile.  So I too used the opposite colours of blue & orange along with big & small text.  


That's all the opposites I could muster up.  I am usually quite a harsh critic of my own work and can see a couple of things I wish I'd done differently.  Lighter masking for one.  However being realistic, for a first one layer card, it's not bad.  Hopefully I can learn & improve over the coming year so please do give any feedback or constructive criticism.

I plan to write a monthly update post on what I've managed to use up & any purchases.  I know there will be one or two of you keeping an eye on me!   

11 comments:

Tracey T said...

Wow - this is really striking! Love the colours and the grid background is really effective. Glad you're getting the one-layer bug! Hugs xxxx

Pia Larsen said...

Well, I could certainly go for some of your crafty resolutions too ;)
Great OLC you've made Aby, striking colours.

Chris said...

One Layer cards are so difficult to get right but you've made a great job of this one! It has real impact!
So impressed with your resolutions Abi! Good luck!!!!
Chris
x

Ardyth said...

I think it's perfect! I love the depth that the sponged background gives, and the fun of the colour choices. I think you've also got curves and straight lines that you can include! Great to see you playing along at OLS and given your resolutions, I hope to see more of your work! Thanks for joining us!

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

I could do with following your resolutions! Fab one layer card, what a great colour palette x

Marilyn said...

Great one layer card and I like your resolutions. I like them because I know I should do the same but then it's like the diet... my intentions are good but my follow-through stinks.

Inkypinkydelights said...

Brilliant one layer card Abi! Oh and Happy New Year to you too whilst I remember. thanks for your lovely comment on my Blog and oh yes please I will look forward to hearing from you - soon? lol Judy x

Stef H said...

love it! my kinda card. i like your resolutions too. right up there with mine.

wishing you a fabulous 2015.

hugs :)

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

It's a super first OLC Abi! Be gentle with yourself sweetie. I could also follow your resolutions about craft stash, suddenly there's a mountain of it.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Mary J said...

I'm with you on numbers 1 and 2, Abi!

Love your one layer card, great use of the white space!

catherine said...

Hello Abi- Hope your well and sorry for not having been around very much!!!
Great resolutions and a great one layer card- love the colours. Must e-mail and have a good catch up!
x catherine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...